One of the reasons people love to call Madison and the surrounding Dane County area home, is that there is always something to do! Madison is a “community driven” city and not a moment of our precious summer weather is wasted. On any given weekend during the warmer months, you can find a festival or family-friendly event to get you out and about. We’ve provided a list of event highlights for the coming months, but this is by no means an all-inclusive list. If you’re looking for something to do – whether it’s a fitness boot camp or a cupcake tasting – check out Destination Madison for all of the area happenings.
- June 29th – Shake The Lake – A fun night of music, food, beer, and (of course) fireworks!
- July 6th – Westfest – A family-friendly festival with activities for all ages, food carts, and craft vendors.
- July 11 – 14th – La Fete De Marquette – Family friendly neighborhood festival with food and drink vendors, music, and activities.
- July 13 – 14th – Art Fair on the Square – Weekend long art celebration with nearly 500 artist vendors, plus music and outdoor dining.
- July 18 – 21st – Dane County Fair – Family Friendly event with world class carnival, free nightly concerts, animals, and entertainment.
- July 18 – August 11th – Olbrich Gardens Blooming Butterflies – Free flying butterflies take over tropical Bolz Conservatory.
- July 19 – 21st – Maxwell Street Days – Shop ’til you drop downtown on State Street, where stores will have great sales running inside and out!
- July 20th – Margarita and Taco Fest – Street eats and drinks at Pasqual’s Cantina East Madison location.
- July 27 – 28th – Atwoodfest – Weekend long neighborhood festival offering music, food, and great entertainment.
- August 1 – 4th – Reebok CrossFit Games – Check out this world class fitness competition at the Alliant Energy Center.
- August 8th – Madison Night Market – Vendors offering hand made products, art, gifts, and food. Live music and dining too!
- August 15 – 18th – Sweet Corn Festival – Carnival, family entertainment, live music, beer tent, and (of course) fresh and steamed sweet corn!
- August 18th – Yum Yum Fest – A celebration of artistry in food, presented by the Madison Area Chef’s Network.
- August 23 – 25th – Middleton Good Neighbor Festival – Family fun, entertainment, food and music.
- August 31 – Taste of Madison – A weekend long festival of food and music with 80 food vendors and 3 music stages.
I hope you enjoy our warmer months ahead, and that your summer is filled with fun and adventure. Please remember me if your adventures happen lead you to a new home. I’d love nothing more than to help you find a bigger back yard, a screen porch to relax on, or maybe a new home in one of the neighborhoods you discovered while adventuring!